Monday, February 13, 2006

Families Ask Questions

Greetings Friends and Family! You have the right to know some things about me. Here are some questions most Frequently asked during interviews:

1. Aimee, why did you choose to be a child care provider?
Well, Besides that I have a great time being with and relating to children, it really comes down to the kind of experiences I had as a child. As a small child of a single parent family, I was left in the care of others while my Mother was working. I had some pretty awful experiences, but the worst over all, was the general feeling of being unwelcome and unwanted. I never want children to feel that while in care; the basis for all other learning experiences is a loving nurturing environment.

2. Aimee, What is your background in the Early Childhood field and how long have you been open at your own facility?
I have been in the Early Childhood field for about 12 years. I've done everything from being the Lead Teacher in Pre-K and Toddler rooms to subsituting for Preschool Teachers and providing administrative assistance to Center Directors. I began substituting in 2000 because it gave me the flexible schedule needed to open my own facility. Aimee's Playhouse has been open for 6 years this March.

I have 60 college units (attained at Sacramento City College), 40 of these units are in Early Childhood Education. I am about 3 classes away from an AA degree in ECE. My goal is to achieve a BA in Either Child or Human Development. I love the classes because I can bring so much back to the children in care at our facility. I will probably keep taking classes even when I graduate; working with children means being a life long learner. Things keep changing.

3. Aimee, what will my child's day look like at your Facility?
This is what our schedule looks like:
*7-10am Greetings/Snack/Indoor Activitity Opportunities
*10-12 Outdoor Discovery (exploring nature, science, math, and of course language arts and
working on social relationships and interactions).
*12-1 Prepare for Lunch/Eat
*1-2:30 Rest Time
*2:30-3 Wake Up/Buggy Ride
*3-5 Snack/Outdoor Discovery
*5-6 Snack/Indoor Discovery

Looks pretty compact? These are just blocks of time; we pack alot of activity in these time periods, with lots of out side time (rain or shine because we have an outdoor overhang), to develop play and encourage social interactions!

4. Aimee, could you tell me what the enrollment process looks like?
Sure. Click to visit official child care website; get a feeling for our environment and what we're all about. Next, call to schedule an interview (after 6 please. I'm not able to take my attention from the children during business hours), and/or a observation any time during business hours (7am-6pm) .

When you deceide that this is the right place for your family, I will provide you with references to call, a contract/handbook to sign, and a little bit of paperwork required by licensing.

5. Aimee, what is your license number and what is your capacity (the maximum amount of children you are able to care for)? SAC57143FCCH. I am able to care for no more than 8 children, however, I keep the ratios low by enrolling only 6.

Would you like to hear more? E-mail me @ madsqbls@aol.com



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Aimee. These are things I wondered about. :) Well, not your license number, but the other answers were very helpful. :)

Anonymous said...

mom it is brianna! I typed in your name and this came up. Are you happy I saw your site? How are you doing?

brianna